Coaching is an effective process to support individuals in creating something new for themselves. I coach my clients by providing perspective and support for self-knowledge as they accomplish their business and/or personal goals.
The relationship between a coach and client is Co-Creative, meaning that we are equals and both have an active role. I am not acting as a therapist, counselor or consultant. I am a trained coach using honed communication skills to support you as a detached thinking partner.
Together we will create more power for you to effect meaningful changes and take
dynamic actions towards your goals.
- Please take time before each session to complete and email the Session Prep Questions that I will provide to you by email or use the first email as a template to create a new email for your responses every week. The most crucial part is for you to name what you'd like to take away from the session. This is called the "Client’s Agenda".
- Please arrive to every session on time.
- Come to your session centered and ready to engage.
- Give me feedback in the moment about your coaching experience -- what works, as well as what does not.
- I will expect that you commit to making personal changes.
- I will expect that you come willing to change old ideas, attitudes, behavior and expectations, and, that you will also be willing to receive feedback from the coach.
- It will be your responsibility to acknowledge the desire to change, to experiment new behavior and suspend old beliefs and expectations.
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance; your personal information about your sessions will not be shared with anyone, your session will not be recorded unless you are part of a study, and this would be agreed upon in advance.
- I will listen closely to you, respond to what I hear and ask questions. If I hear something in your voice or language that sparks an intuitive thought, I’m likely to ask you about it. Often, it is the small moments that bring about BIG shifts. If I'm not on target, just tell me. I'm not attached to being right.
- At the end of the session, if you do not mention what actions you are ready to take, I will make a coach request. I ask clients to stretch themselves, deepen the work done in the sessions by writing, taking some action, resolving relationships or things that feel incomplete. You are free to negotiate, accept or decline.
- I believe that you are creative, resourceful and whole. Therefore I will challenge you to develop your full potential.
Between sessions, if you have questions, a brief update, or want to bounce some ideas around, please contact me by email or a quick phone call. Please keep these contacts to the point. If it seems like it will be better served as session material, I'll suggest that.
Ways You Can Get More From Your Coaching Experience
- Make our coaching sessions a priority.
- Come to every call/meeting with a specific agenda – a clear understanding of what you’d like to take away from the session.
- Do your own work between sessions. Use what you learn. Complete what you agree to do.
- Be open-minded. Try new approaches. Experiment.
- Be willing to change your beliefs and patterns if they do not serve you anymore.